Popular Posts

Monday, March 29, 2021

Many People are Experiencing Hurt

 The Hurt That So Many People Are Experiencing...

When I was little my grandmother used to say that every 'crack teeth is not a smile'. Now I understand what she meant. You see so many people who 'show their teeth' as if they are happy. Many are not.
Many people give a 'fake' smile to throw others off. They don't really want anyone to know how much they are hurting.
I can recall the times when I saw some of my friends laughing out loud while in the crowd, but when they felt no one was looking the sadness took over. If you looked closer you could actually see the tears glistening in their eyes.
Despite all of this it is my belief that happiness starts within yourself. External factors may appear to contribute but it is always how you perceive and interact with whatever life throws at you.
In my profession as an educator, there were many days when I had to ensure that my students got something to eat. At times I would make sandwiches for them, purchase soups or just call home and ask one of my children to send me something for them. At other times I would just send a student to my home to fix something for a number of them to eat.
I made it a point to treat my homeroom class to a full meal as often as possible. I only asked that they pay it forward.
Today if we recall the parable of the Good Samaritan we will all remember that we are capable of doing good for anyone...
So, yea, in this Holy Week as we trace the walk from Palm Sunday through the crucifixion on 'Good Friday' to that Glorious Easter morn, let's remember that we are truly our brothers'/sisters' keeper.
Let's lift up those around us who are hurting.
God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment