Popular Posts

Saturday, April 3, 2021

The COVID 19 Vaccine.

 

In March 2020, it hit me hard. I was stuck at home without any indication of when I would be able to travel... everywhere was closed down due to Covid. It was like it had a mind of its own. Every time you turned on the television it was 'dread'. The number of deaths worldwide was staggering.

Every day you hoped for 'good news' or better news but no. It was the same thing over and over the number of deaths climbed. By mid-2020 it felt like Covid would spare us but no, the deaths continued. In my small country, we were praying and hoping for the rest of the world to turn around for the better. 

 We were all housebound. You could walk around your yard but confinement was pressing down on everyone. People could not run like they used to. They had assigned days to go to the grocery store. The governments and philanthropists stepped up to help those who were most destitute. Some people had not worked for more than six months. They had to do what they had never done before, depend on others for 'food' and livelihood.

 Then the end of 2020 came and there was talk about vaccines that would help to combat this 'disease' this virus that had wreaked so much havoc on the world's population.

 I looked at the light at the end of the tunnel and could not wait for the vaccine to reach my country. I followed what was happening in the other first-world countries closely [the positive].

 When the vaccines arrived in my country, I was elated. I wanted to be among the first to be vaccinated. But, living in an island nation, I knew it would be after the capitol city was introduced to the vaccine. I felt in my heart that the major islands would be next, and we were.

 On March 30 the vaccine arrived on our island. Despite all the talk by the people who said they were not taking it when I tried driving by the 'clinic' in my town I had to 'blow' my car horn to clear the road in order to pass. The same thing occurred on the 31.

 Well, I was not the first, nor second person to be vaccinated but on that second day 31 March, I was there and my entire immediate family received the first shot... I even put my aunt's name on the list and she was also vaccinated.

 I feel great. No pain.

 So, here's my advice to those of you who have not been vaccinated as yet... and to those of you who are skeptical, ask yourself the question would you rather be in a position to ward off the variants or would you want to be in the position of not knowing if you are infected whether or not you would live or die.

 Go back and check your medical records and see the number of vaccines your parents took you to have....measles, polio, and the number of times you were taken for a 'booster' shot. You who are now adults and have children of your own would you not want to give your children the chance that your parents gave you? Would you not want to be around as they are around...

 My suggestion to you...GET THE VACCINE!


No comments:

Post a Comment