Popular Posts

Saturday, May 15, 2021

Have you ever had to become a caregiver for someone?

 I never thought that I would have to become a caregiver.

All of that changed a few months ago when my mother who lived with us for the past 6 years stopped walking. She was feeding herself but very slowly. In a few weeks, she could no longer do that. 

When those motor skills stopped it meant that the bathing and feeding had to be done by me. At first, I thought it would only be for a short while, well it's been months and because she was not moving on her own she developed sores on both of her legs at the hip level and one on her lower back.

These require daily cleansing and dressing. It's not easy. The sores must be drained cleaned and then dressed.

At times it must be painful as she screams.

She has to eat three times per day and given enough fluid to keep her hydrated.  

I have to push through it and ensure that it gets done.

If you have been a caregiver or if you are a caregiver and could share some tips with me, please do.

Thanks in advance.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment